Historic 2 bed apartment located in restored - Medieval fortress with Patio andPool
Appartamento Lorenzo is a two-bedroom apartment on the ground floor looking out over the internal garden and swimming pool and is one of five self-contained apartments recently and lovingly restored by its owners who are passionate about the historic preservation of this Medieval building in the historic centre of Vicopisano.
This apartment has been converted from the former stables and has it's own private terrace and direct access to the pool.
To stay within this Medieval-styled resort is like stepping back in time to the period of the mighty Renaissance architect and engineer Filippo Brunelleschi, who fortified this little town in the time of the Renaissance.
Appartamento Lorenzo, like every other self-contained apartment within this Medieval manor, has retained many original features such as exposed stone walls, chestnut wood-beamed ceilings and terracotta floor tiles. The apartment shares a charming outdoor space close to the pool which is an absolute treasure to find in the heart of a Medieval centre.
Each apartment has its own dedicated sun loungers and sun umbrella as well as a personal cell phone charger point. There is also a large communal terrace for al fresco dining with enough tables and chairs for each apartment. In addition, there is also a large communal kitchen close to the pool terrace where we can organise cooking experiences and private parties.
Marie and Lorenzo will assist you with your initial booking and all concierge matters. We act as your English-speaking contact and we live just 5 minutes away.
We have lived in Vicopisano since 2006 and we are friends with the owners of this lovingly restored Medieval gem - we will be your go-to people for any questions from booking to arrival and we are also available once you have arrived. On arrival, we offer a short orientation walk around the historic centre and share with you lots of insider knowledge regarding our favourite restaurants, places to visit and generally getting around.
You will also have the opportunity to meet the property owners during your stay who are often at the fortress.
To visit Vicopisano is like stepping back in time with hidden lanes and ancient piazzas revealing Medieval tower houses and terraced gardens. In the centre of the village perched on a hill is the Medieval fortress and watchtower designed by the Renaissance master architect Filippo Brunelleschi. For a small fee the fortress is open to visitors at the weekends.
In addition to Medieval ruins and a characteristic historic centre, Vicopisano is still an authentic working town inhabited by local families. This is a place to sip a cappuccino with a local and watch the world go by at one of the village bars. Visitors will love to shop in a small village store or at the weekly farmer’s market. Fresh bread can be bought daily from the baker and a gelato (ice cream) shop serves artisan ice cream. Nature lovers will love the countryside walks and dedicated cycle tracks that wind around the foothills of Monte Pisano just a short stroll from the village centre.
One level, ground floor apartment
ACCESS AND PARKING:
Apartamento Lorenzo is located on the ground floor pool level and can be accessed by the through the main fortress entrance wherre there are a few steps or from the couryard gate at street level.
Free street parking: is available at the edge of the historic/pedestrianised area just a short 5 minute walk away. Parking is available in the streets or in one of two car parks which are approximately a 10 minute walk away.
BEDROOM 1 - This charming master bedroom has a large romantic four-poster bed, an antique wardrobe, antique dressers and a wooden trunk and looks out on the courtyard.
BEDROOM 2 - This bedroom has a large wooden bunk bed and a large wardrobe and overlooks the courtyard.
LIVING AND LOUNGING SPACE
The living area and kitchen form one open space with exposed stone walls, chestnut ceiling beams and hand baked terracotta tiles. The living area has a large Tuscan table and the large leather sofa opens out into a king-size sofa bed. There is a 65" cable and satellite TV. The space retains the original manger and has period furnishings, an ancient bathtub, a marble console table, an ancient yoke and antique tools decorate the walls.
Italaian tiled bathroom with shower, toilet, bidet and a sink which is set into an antique sewing machine table.
The traditional rustic Tuscan kitchen consists of a sink set into a large countertop, induction hob, fridge and dishwasher set into the built-in kitchen. You will find a microwave, kettle, toaster and everything required to prepare a delicious Tuscan dinner.
GROUND, POOLS, AND OUTSIDE AREAS:
Appartamento Lorenzo has it's own private patio in addition to direct acces to the communal courtyard garden and pool area. These areas are shared only with the other residents of the resort of which there are 5 apartments.
Each apartment has a dedicated sunlounger, sun umbrellas and a USB/cell phone charging point and Wifi
There is also a pretty patio area with tables and chairs for each apartment and a communal kitchen where cooking experiences can be organised.
Pets are not allowed around the pool area.
- The swimming pool is for the exclusive use of the Guests of the structure, it is not allowed to enter non-resident relatives, friends or acquaintances.
- Access to the pool is allowed from 9.00 to 20.00, except for maintenance.
- Before entering the pool it is mandatory to wash your feet.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult who assumes responsibility for them.
- Everyone is required to behave in such a way as not to cause inconvenience to other guests.
- All pool equipment must be used with care and attention, any damage caused must be compensated.
- It is recommended not to use the pool within 3 hours of eating the meal.
- Please note that this pool is not supervised by a lifeguard.
- It is forbidden to throw papers, butts and various waste in the pool and in the garden.
- It is forbidden to bring animals in the pool area and in the garden.
- It is forbidden to run on the pool floors and push other bathers into the water.
- For all those who cannot swim, armrests or life jackets are mandatory.
The Management declines all civil and criminal liability for objects or valuables left unattended in the pool area and in the common areas and is not liable in any way for any accidents, injuries or other things that may happen to bathers and third parties for behavior attributable to them.
- It is forbidden to smoke inside the rooms and in the premises of the structure while it is allowed in the smoking area located in the pool area.
- In the event of damage to the structure, objects or loss of keys, the amount must be paid for by the client.
- The rooms must be left free strictly by 11.00 on the day of departure, unless otherwise agreed with the Management.
- It is mandatory to respect the silence time from 22.00 to 8.00 and from 14.00 to 16.00 unless otherwise specified by the Property.
- It is forbidden to park any type of vehicle in the Medieval Court belonging to the Resort, however, temporary parking is allowed for the unloading and loading of luggage for our kind guests.
- It is forbidden to shout or raise one's voice inside the structure.
- Daily waste must be left in the morning by 10:00 in the dedicated space inside the smoking area.
Failure to comply with the rules listed above will result in a warning from the Management while any continued non-compliance with these authorizes the same to intervene until the stay at the facility is terminated without any reimbursement of the stay itself. Non-compliance, as required by Italian law, therefore involves the removal of the guest and reporting to the public security authorities, Police or Carabinieri.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellation made after the deposit payment has been made is due a 50% refund if the cancellation is made in writing more than 60 days prior to arrival.