Remote Work Friendly-DoubleBed/TV/Central Location
Beautiful newly renovated walkout basement suite with 55" smart TV, desk and chair and lots of natural light. Includes 1 double bed, private 3 piece washroom, access to washer and dryer and small bar fridge. Great neighbourhood with the streetcar down the street. There are lots of restaurants, shops and parks nearby. Ideal for one person, couples, solo adventurers, and business travellers needing a place to stay that’s more comfortable than a hotel room!!
The local shopping district on St. Clair Avenue is called St. Clair Gardens. It features a variety of shops and services. There are many cozy cafes and restaurants along this route.
Check out our guide for more but a few favs are:
- Wallace Espresso
- La Spesa Food & Market
- Aunty Ems Deli & Coffee
- Samba Brazil Eatery
- Dairy Freeze (yummy burgers)
- Tre Mari Bakery
You will have private access through the rear of the house. Note the owners do live upstairs and neighbours close by, so please mind the noise. There is no parking on site but temporary on-street permits are available from the city of Toronto website.
The Nomad Nest is perfect for someone looking for a private, relaxing place to stay. The separate entrance to the basement is located at the back of the house. It is accessed by walking through a passageway on the south side of the house.
Inside, you'll find comfortable accommodations including an open concept living space with a 55-inch smart tv (with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Crave, Disney+), double-sized bed, chair and fireplace. There is also a private bathroom with walk in shower. There are ample linens, bath towels as well as extra blankets and pillows to make your stay extra comfy!
Laptop friendly workspace with high-speed wifi, desk and comfortable chair.
You will not have access to a full kitchen. There is a small bar fridge, coffee maker and toaster oven available for use. You will also have free access to a washer and dryer.
Before booking please read the house rules carefully.
Enjoy your morning coffee on the back porch in the quite backyard. The backyard will be shared with the owners of the house when they are home.
You are approximately a 10min walk to the St. Clair W streetcar. There is no parking on site but temporary on-street permits are available from the city of Toronto website.
The Keele Street and Rogers Road buses connect to the Keele and Ossington stations on the Bloor-Danforth subway line. The Eglinton Avenue bus connects to the Eglinton station on the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line. Motorists can get to downtown Toronto’s financial and entertainment districts in approximately twenty minutes using Keele Street, which is the main north-south street running through the Silverthorn neighbourhood. For motorists travelling out of the city the Allen Expressway, off Eglinton Avenue, is approximately fifteen minutes.
Our family lives upstairs, we have 2 children and 2 cats. We enjoy having guests stay and are respectful of your privacy but we may hear each other's sounds of life from time to time.
Quiet time is from 10 PM to 7 AM.
NOTE: OUTDOOR CAMERAS are located on the exterior of the house.
To have your reservation accepted and gain access to the unit your identity must be fully verified by Airbnb. Or if you wish you can send me a picture of your passport. Otherwise, your request to book won't go through for safety reasons.
1. Check-in time is 4:00pm.
2. Check-out time is 10:00am.
3. No unregistered guests allowed to spend the night. The maximum property capacity is 2 people.
4. The laundry room is shared with the owners of the house. We will need access to use it at least twice a week (typically on Tuesdays and Sundays). We do our best to respect your privacy and we can adjust the days if needed. Prior to your check in we will confirm the schedule.
5. If you are staying for longer than 1 month we will require a mid-stay clean (1 per month). This will involve our cleaner being on site and cleaning the washroom, dusting the bedroom and washing linens. This will be an extra $50 charge per month, as applicable. If you would like more frequent cleanings we can also arrange, just let us know when making your reservation.
6. Be considerate to neighbours and others in house, quiet time is from 10 PM to 7 AM.
7. Report any damage and/or breakages in a reasonably timely manner. Any damages will be reported to Airbnb and charged back accordingly.
8. Make sure to turn off the lights and electronics when you leave the house. Don’t forget to close the windows and lock the door.
9. No smoking of any kind inside the apartment or stairwell. If you smoke outside on the property do not leave any butts on the ground.
10. Illegal substances are strictly prohibited and are grounds for immediate eviction from the property.
12. Furniture is to be kept in their current placement, dragging chairs or tables on the floor will leave scratches and/or damage the furniture.
13. Please be respectful of bed sheets and towels. Makeup/foundation, face medications/creams, and tanning products will stain and/or bleach linens and towels. Please avoid using the white hand/bath towels with all skin products. Please use our provided dark make-up washcloths. Un-salvageable linens/bath towels will be charged to the guest, $20 for each damaged towel and $20 for each damaged sheet.
14. Dispose of the garbage in the trash bin at the front of the house.
15. If you (or guest) decide not to follow any of our house rules, which triggers a refund or discount to the next guest, you will be held responsible for any loss of income to the host.
Full refund 5 days prior to arrival.