Your own private room in a classic San Francisco Edwardian house. Shared bathroom, kitchen, living room (w/ cable tv), backyard. Wifi and laundry. We are located in the safe, convenient, and fun Inner Richmond neighborhood by Golden Gate Park. We are a family with two kids...a safe, fun, family-friendly environment. We are legally registered short term rental hosts with the city of San Francisco. (Don't get caught in an illegal listing!)
With two kids and jobs we have very busy lives. However, we love having guests, and especially enjoy seeing our children interact with our "new friends who are visiting". We also love San Francisco and enjoy recommending our favorite activities and helping our guests with any questions they may have. Best time to chat is when we are eating breakfast or dinner.
The Inner Richmond is one of the most popular, convenient neighborhoods in San Francisco:
- Three blocks from Golden Gate Park, specifically near The California Academy of Sciences, De Young Museum, Japanese Gardens, and Arboretum.
- Three blocks from Clement Street, including its fabulous restaurants (such as Burma Superstar, B Star, Troya, Giorgio’s Pizza, Toy Boat Dessert), many coffee shops, See’s Candies, bakeries, Green Apple Bookstore (regularly voted best used bookstore in SF), spas, and more
- The Inner Richmond is home to the “other” or “real” Chinatown (less touristy than downtown)
- Five blocks from the Presidio, where you can experience breath-taking views, hikes and golf
- Convenient grocery shopping, including Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, 24-hour Safeway, fresh fruit markets, and many Asian supermarkets.
- Great location for running and biking (multiple bike rental shops nearby; secure bike storage is available in our garage).
We are excited to share our private guest bedroom in our beautiful, 1600 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, Edwardian home in the safe and eclectic Inner Richmond! (This is a relatively new listing; please see our many positive reviews from our other listings!)
First of all, we are grateful that our kids, Max (5 years old) and Olivia (4 years old) will grow up in a house that they share with people from all over the world.
Please note that while you will have your own private room, you will be sharing the house with the four of us. We of course do not expect you to spend time with the kids, but you must be kid friendly! :) They are excellent sleepers, but your room is next to theirs and they may wake up and make a noise in the middle of the night (they usually go right back to sleep). Our morning also starts around 7am, so you will likely hear noise as we do the morning sprint of getting dressed, breakfast, and heading to school and work. And there may be some toys left out in the middle of the living room floor! Let's simply call it an authentic San Francisco house and travel experience :)
We take being good hosts seriously, and we are proud "Hostfully Hosts." This means when you stay with us, you get a Hostfully guidebook link emailed to you. The guidebook contains all the essential information about our home, as well as recommendations all over the city. It's easy to navigate, and if you are out and about, you can access it from your phone. You will also receive discounts to popular SF attractions, including Hop On Hop Off Bus Tour and Cal Academy of Sciences.
Ok, back to the details: The main floor includes living room, dining room, kitchen, and full bathroom. Original Edwardian-home styling including dining room "hutch", intricate wood floor designs, wainscoting, etc. The kitchen is bright and large with modern appliances and dishwasher. Living room includes flat screen tv with DVD, DVR capabilities. We also have an elliptical exercise machine. Free wifi.
The top floor has three bedrooms: our master bedroom, the kids room (they share a room), and your guest bedroom. Your guest bedroom includes a daybed with a twin mattress. The daybed can be pulled out, so there are two twin mattresses next to eachother, essentially making a king bed (see pictures).
There is another full bathroom on the top floor that we all share (of course you are welcome to use the main-floor bathroom as your primary bathroom, as some of our guests have done).
Large, fenced-in, quiet backyard. Enjoy your morning coffee outdoors or soak in the delightful mid-day sun on the patio. Patio also includes bbq grill.
Basement includes free laundry facilities.
(Basement also includes separate 1-bedroom 1-bathroom apartment that we rent out on Airbnb regularly, if that is more to your liking. You can see my profile for that listing)
We are a married couple, with two children. We have traveled the world and were particularly grateful for the generosity of the many hosts who opened up their homes to us, often demonstrating their desire for us to love and enjoy their city and country. Our hopes, at that time, was that one day, we would own our own home, and meet and host visitors from all over.
In 2011 we moved from NYC to San Francisco. We bought our dream home in September, 2012. We enjoy playing host and welcoming visitors into our home and suggesting great places to visit while staying in the San Francisco area.
We are in compliance with the 2014 San Francisco home sharing legislation. We are registered with the city, and by law must post this information on our listing:
SAN FRANCISCO SHORT-TERM RESIDENTIAL RENTAL REGISTRATION NUMBER: STR-(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
Possession of a San Francisco Short-Term Rental Registration Certificate certifies that the registration certificate holder has agreed to comply with the terms of the San Francisco Short-Term Residential Rental Ordinance (San Francisco Administrative Code Section 41A). This ordinance does not require an inspection of the unit by the City for potential Building, Housing, Fire, or other Code violations.
Our location is easily accessible to public transportation:
- One express bus (1 block away) will take you downtown to the Ferry Building, where you can enjoy gourmet restaurants and bountiful farmer's markets 3 times per week.
- Just 1 block walk in the other direction and another bus line will take you directly to all the shops of Union Square if you travel east, or to Ocean beach if you travel west.
- We have easy, direct bus access to popular neighborhoods, such as The Castro, Dolores Park, The Mission, The Sunset, The Fillmore, Japantown, The Haight, NOPA, Cole Valley, Hayes Valley, and of course, downtown.