Dream Retreat Guesthouse, Lake Mich., IN Dunes, Chicago
NOTE: The health, safety, and well-being of our guests and staff is of paramount importance.
We are closely monitoring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following the recommended guidelines to effectively clean and sanitize our vacation rental properties. Miller Beach Vacation Rentals has high standards for cleanliness and we are taking the necessary measures to ensure our guests and staff remain healthy.
The Guesthouse at the Miller Beach Dream Retreat is a beachfront getaway right on the Indiana Dunes National Park and only forty minutes from Chicago. Enjoy views of Lake Michigan and the unspoiled dunescape. The semi-private, sugar-sand beach can be reached by strolling on a short nature trail through a sliver of the dunes national park.
* open floor plan with Great Room and full kitchen, dining for 6, bath with jetted tub, private entrance and small deck with weber gas grill and café string lights
* (2) Two private, Queen bedrooms
* Queen sleeper sofa in Great Room
* sleeps an additional 2 people on a deluxe high-rise Aerobed (all bedding is provided)
* additional guest fee applies over 4 people: $25/person per night (not including children less than two years of age on arrival date), regardless of length of stay or purpose of visit
* maximum occupancy is 8 individuals total not including children less than two years of age on arrival date
* parking for two cars in tandem in the driveway, overflow parking (free, overnight) available nearby
Please also inquire about availability of the Main House for your dates. Together, the Main House and Guesthouse create the Entire Compound and can sleep up to 27 people.
Note: the amenities listed in the Main House and Entire Compound are not available to Guesthouse renters as the two units are separate.
* opens to the Great Room and dining area
* cherry cabinetry and carrara quartz counters
* island with a 60/40 double-bowl stainless steel sink and Grohe pull-out sprayer faucet
* fridge with auto-ice maker (seasonal), gas range and built-in microwave and convection oven, dishwasher, all small appliances, cookware, bakeware, flatware, glassware, barware, and supplies
* Keurig coffee station with assortment of k-cups
* built-in desk with leather office chair
* overlooks the beautiful Indiana Dunes National Park, the panne, and Lake Michigan
* Weber gas grill
* 16 ft vaulted ceilings with skylights
* table seating for 6
* leather sofa
* 50" smart tv w/ digital cable, video streaming, and Blu-ray player
* high thread-count linens, comforters and pillows
* ceiling fans
* smart TVs w/ digital cable, video streaming, and DVD players
* ample closet space, dressers, and nightstands with lamps
* jetted-tub with marble surround and rain fall shower head
* fluffy towels and bathmats
* shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hand soap, toilet paper, tissues
* hair dryer
* free, high-speed Wi-Fi
* Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee pods
* three smart TVs with digital comcast/Xfinity cable and video streaming
* stackable laundry with purwash ozonator, which does not require any detergents, bleach, fabric softener, or even hot water
* most supplies including basic soaps, paper towels, toilet paper, tissue, trash bags, etc.
* three independently controlled Mitsubishi ac wall units with thermostatic zones for customized cooling comfort; separate heating thermostat which operates the radiant boiler heating system
Additional reservation options
* Our Guesthouse is dog-friendly and up to two adult, house-trained dogs are allowed. Fees per dog: $60 (2-night stay), $20/night (3+ night stay) or $140/week
* Guests may request an early check-in (1:30 pm cst) for a fee of $59 during if peak season and $39 during non-peak season, and/or a late checkout (1 pm cst) for a fee of $59 during peak season and $39during non-peak season. All requests are subject to availability.
* Daily maid service is available upon request for an additional fee.
Miller Beach Vacation Rentals offers a seamless experience from booking through checkout and is dedicated to ensuring that we exceed your expectations. Upon booking, our Guidebook and Miller Beach Vacation Rentals app offer local recommendations, check-in/out details, house information, and more.
We will be in touch prior to your stay with arrival instructions, parking details, and to confirm your arrival time. Someone is always available during your stay for any needs that may arise.
Please also visit the Miller Beach Vacation Rentals FAQ page for answers to commonly asked questions about what to expect during your stay and more
MILLER BEACH, IN, the closest beach-side community to Chicago, is a unique and growing artist community in NW Indiana full of:
* Shopping Destinations
* Fine Dining
* Miles of pristine beaches and nature trails
* Hundreds of attractions are located within 60 minutes: Casinos, Amusement/Water Parks, Golf, Antiquing, Wineries, Outlet Malls
* Close proximity to the rich culture of Chicago
We are a keyless property, you will be given a unique door code for access to the house. Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, we are offering self check-in upon arrival. The House Manager can be reached anytime if you need anything during your stay.
Take the South Shore train line to Chicago (Museum Campus and Millennium Park stops). There are 2 stations nearby (Miller and Ogden Dunes) within 2-5 minutes from both homes. Travel time is about an hour.
We are approximately 45 minutes from Midway airport and 1 hour from O’Hare airport.
Uber and Lyft are available in Miller Beach
We help our guests celebrate some of the most important moments in their lives! Miller Beach Vacation Rentals has been in the memory-making business since 2007. We’ve hosted over 17,000 people from all over the world and cater to multi-generational family reunions, friend’s getaways, milestone birthdays and anniversaries, intimate weddings, and corporate retreats.
What guests are saying:
Nice house with everything you need and a great beach!
The home itself is wonderful and has everything you need. It is clean and well appointed. Looks just like the pictures. The beach right behind the home is wonderful!! Tough “stroll” over sand dunes to get to it (older folks may not be able to do it). It was fine for us. The reason for the 3 stars was that the main house was having a huge graduation party while we stayed next door. We were not informed of this ahead of time. They were up until all hours playing music and having a good time. There is no sound barrier at all between the two spaces. Add to that parking issues. I would ask before you rent this retreat, what’s going on next door. The house manager was wonderful and responsive. Probably would rent again if looking for a quick getaway and assured no parties next door.
Found this gem after a last minute change of plans. Plenty of room for our family of four with all the amminities you could need. Check-in/out was the easiest i have felt with. The property manager communicated the process in advance and was available during the stay if needed. The easy access to the beach was convenient with two young boys. We were able to make several trips between the house and beach to accommodate a sleepy four year old. The beach is advertised as semi-private, which, for us, meant the next closest group was 100 yards away in the middle of June. Our family makes an annual trip to the area and will be looking at this and the company's other properties first when planning our future trips.